Well, the doctors and nurses were right. I feel like I have a bad case of the flu: all my joints ache, my head aches, and I can't get comfortable in any position. I am not nauseated at all, thanks to my hefty anti-nausea medications. I'm supposed to monitor my temperature, so every time I feel hot, I grab the thermometer. So far the highest has been 99° F, so hopefully I won't have to go to the emergency room, which is where I go if my temperature reaches 101°.
The best thing about today is that I have a nice soft bed to lie in. And some kind soul brought me rice pudding, which is especially good with strawberries and ice cream topping. It's hard to sleep, but I'm afraid I did drop off during some of the Conference talks. I have also found that I'm much less willing to sort out sibling problems when I feel this way. Bethany helped Reuben make cookies and cupcakes and then cleaned up her mess!
Right now, this feels like a very long road. But it's better than the alternative.
