Thursday, October 2, 2008



The deed is done! Janice has a Mohawk!

The stylists first pigtailed me, and then they hacked each pigtail off and put them in zip-top bags so I can send them to Locks of Love.

The tassels are about 23 inches long, and yes, I feel lightheaded now. Next, the stylists washed my short hair.


They gave me zig-zag parts to divide the mohawk part from the part they would be shaving off. And then....
THEY SHAVED!

Next, they trimmed it so it had at least a little chance of standing up. The hair that was left was wavy, and they had to use Liquid Steel gel and Shaper Pierce hairspray and lots of blowdrying and pulling to get it to stand up properly. For a finishing touch, they added a pink extension in the long piece I had them leave at the back.

I think I look pretty good for a middle-aged skinny female person with a Mohawk! It was fun to go around shocking people this afternoon. I think I'll go to the elementary school tomorrow, hee hee hee.