Celebrate! Rejoice! I don't hurt today! I didn't really jump for joy, however, since absence of ache does not necessarily translate into energy. In fact, I move about like a snail, although Paul the Tall insisted I need to work harder at leaving a slime trail behind me.
So, for scientific exploration's sake, let's recap the days since chemotherapy started. Day One: had chemo, felt fine. Day Two: felt fine. Day Three: aches begin. Day Four: ACHES! Day Five: more aches. Day Six: yet more aches. Day Seven: no aches! In three weeks we'll know if this is an actual repeating pattern. Scientific but depressing.
I feel like I am just waiting for something. That my days have no real purpose and I am suspended in a strange sort of parallel life. Yesterday I caught myself staring blankly into space while standing in the livingroom, and I wondered why I wasn't doing anything. But I couldn't think of anything I was supposed to be doing. It was a little scary not to have some need to fulfill.
And today, my mind is alert and my spirit is cheerful, yet my body doesn't respond very well to those cues. It's like the old me is inside a new me that can't hear me very clearly.
Thanks to those who have called and sent email messages and visited. They help to remind me that I like living and so I'm willing to put up with being poisoned systematically for a while.
p.s. I've decided that I don't have a hairdo, I have a hairdon't, because after all, there isn't much hair to it!
