Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Have been all day without the giant Ace bandage around my chest and have felt fine. I went with Nanika to a ballet class, just to see her dance, I guess. It was fun to see her out there. I asked Kathleen a while ago about dance classes, but there aren't any public modern dance classes, really. Dancing is one of the few forms of exercise I really enjoy; others are walking up The Big Quail Valley Hill with Stephen, and using a jumprope.

Maybe I should start dancing again. I'd probably have to start as a beginner, since I haven't danced for 15+ years. How many, exactly? I must have started when I was 7 or 8 and stopped at about 25, which means... [calculations take a while with my current state of mind]... 17 years? Wow.

As I sat there watching, I was amazed at how many terms were familiar to me, and how I could visualize what my body would be doing if I were out there at the barre. I could almost feel it in my muscles. I can't say I was ever a very good dancer, but I enjoyed it and learned a lot. It would be interesting to see if it comes back.

I'm very tempted to sign up: they're sure to have a beginning adult class. I would love to know if I would feel well enough to, but there's no way to know how the chemo will affect me. I think it's the not knowing that gets me.