Happy Birthday to Me!
I am happy that the doctors all agreed to let me have my birthday unmedicated. We went to Steve's favorite cabin in the woods. Time seems to go slowly there; we ate and played games and ate and went for a walk to the beaver pond and waited while Chris caught twelve bugs for his collection, walked back, ate, and then, in a frenzy of activity, packed up and headed home so I could go to the Relief Society meeting. I ran in the house in sweats, and two minutes later ran out of the house in blouse and skirt and Steve drove me to the meeting. I missed the first speaker, but it was lovely being there. I soaked in the feelings and really appreciated Dieter F. Uchtdorf's comments, especially those about how we are treasured daughters of God with infinite worth, and that it is our purpose to seek and experience eternal happiness and joy. So if I can't feel like I'm doing much but lying around feeling sick, at least I know I can create smiles somehow.
I think I'm resigned now to just go through what's happening and do my best to come out of it a nice person still.
