The hospital called this evening. I'm supposed to report to the surgical center at 6 a.m. The portable catheter insertion should take, total time, 6 hours. The chemo guys wanted me to trundle across the street to their office afterwards for a chemo treatment, but I'm not sure I'll be up for it. A friend of mine said having both the same day was a giant mistake for her.
So that means the chemo treatment will be Wednesday. I think I'll take my book, my journal, my new deck of playing cards, courtesy of the Aloxi drug company, and my children's book of card games (easy to follow instructions) so I can play solitaire. Estimated treatment time: 2 hours.
Tomorrow evening I'm going to have a photograph taken of me and my hair. Stace suggested it, and I thought for about two seconds and decided I would like one. I'm hoping I feel all right. Wednesday evening Steve and I are having dinner and maybe a concert with Bryan who is flying in that day. And then Thursday at 2:45 is the Official Hair Slash And General Craziness Party. Bethany has been begging me to check her out of school for it; maybe I will. It is an important occasion, after all. My first Mohawk and dye job. If my body doesn't follow the pattern Dr. W told it to after chemo, I'll have to reschedule.
Today I feel like just getting started on the trauma so I can get it over with. I still don't really want to know what it's like, but I'm tired of waiting. I'm as ready as I'll ever be, which is why I'm still up?
To bed!
