By now, the routine is familiar. Lie down, rubber-band feet, arms holding the post, couch raises and moves backward, big round arms comes overhead, they write on me with Sharpie marker. Then I stare at the glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling, and listen to whatever music they've chosen. Today it was Enya and I thought, as I always do, how annoying it is to not be able to understand the words. I mentioned as much, and then a discussion ensued concerning whether Enya was the lead artist's real name, or whether it referred to the whole group.
Such scintillating and intelligent topics we choose! Better than saying nothing, though. I have also noticed that the light switches for the room are linked somehow to the little remote controller that the techs use to move my couch and the machine arms, because when Brooke touches it by mistake and the ceiling lights flash on and off, she always says, "Little light show!" It makes me feel like I'm in my own ________________ (the word escapes me; like a theater, but they show astronomy things on the ceiling and you always fall asleep).
I finally remembered to take the Olivia book to show them, and Dr. Clark and Gary were properly impressed by Olivia's marker tattoos. Brooke apologized for not being such an artist.
And afterward, Michele took me to lunch in Springville! It is sooooo nice to be able to taste things again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment