The Orem library called today to say that the check I mailed them to pay the overdue fines was written to Provo library instead. In the mail today I received a note from Provo library returning the check I had mailed to them to pay overdue fines because it was the check for the Orem library.
Funny, but I thought I checked each envelope to make sure the correct check was in the correct one with the correct letter.
Nathaniel's teacher called to ask if I was coming to parent-teacher conferences. I had scheduled an organ lesson at the same time. This was the second time I had rescheduled the organ lesson. Last time I had to write an apologetic note saying I had forgotten that I was supposed to present a lesson at the workshop Steve is teaching, because it was the same time and I had already paid for it, and take it to the student's house right before Chris took me to pick up the car from the shop so I could drive myself to the workshop so he could pick up Bethany from her clarinet lesson. The first time I had to reschedule because I completely forgot to go. I wasn't going to reschedule the organ lesson three times!
I also forgot which church I was supposed to meet my own organ teacher at, so when she wasn't at the one where I was waiting, I drove quickly to the elementary school close by to borrow the Internet connection to look at my email which said the address of the correct church. Five blocks west.
I have forgotten to take Reuben to preschool, and to pick him up. I have forgotten to make a lunch for Stephen in the morning. I have forgotten to brush teeth, to change out of pajamas, to have my kids do their homework or practice, to do laundry, to read scriptures, to go grocery shopping. I forget to change out of my slippers before I drive someone somewhere. I have forgotten to feed the chickens. I have forgotten to pick Nathaniel up from school, even after looking on the calendar and reading the note I had written there.
I remember perfectly the phone number we had when I was seven years old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment