Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Grumpy! After I had radiation, I waited in the little room. The nurse came to get me, and then they always weigh me. As we were walking down there, Dr. Clark asked how I was, and I told him that I felt grumpy, and he asked why, and I just said general wrong-side-of-the-bed type, the kind you wake up with and don't know what is causing it. I stepped on the scale, and it read 225 lbs., and I turned around and Dr. Clark had his toe on the scale! Naughty man. He was trying to cheer me up, I know.

I told him about the way my throat feels, and he and Kathy both decided it must be because of the radiation, so they called Marcie in and we decided I have to incline my head to the right rather than looking straight up. Dr. Clark is always nice, and we had a good talk about kids and reading and life in general.

It is amazing how much of the day one little appointment takes. It seems like all I do, after sending kids to school, is to get myself ready for radiation, get Reuben to a babysitter, go to radiation, pick Reuben up, and then it's lunch time, and then Chris gets home. And although I do have energy to do at least one other thing during the day, it is most often making dinner. So what else do I do? That doesn't seem like enough stuff to logically fill my day up, but I don't get anything else done. At least I feel good enough to do things rather than staying in bed all the time. Even doing dishes seems fun.

No comments: